OpenEdition provides free training sessions on Lodel for the editorial teams of journals and books. Lodel is the digital publishing software used by the OpenEdition Journals and OpenEdition Books platforms.
These trainings are regularly organized in Marseilles, Paris or Lyon (we are looking for other possibilities). The Lodel users training takes place over two days, face-to-face.
Three distance training sessions will be held this year.
The aim of the sessions is to provide journal and book copy-editors and editorial teams using OpenEdition platforms with the skills and confidence to publish their publications with Lodel.
Please note that these training sessions are intended for users of Lodel and not for website developers. The installation of the software and the development of web templates are not covered. Furthermore, for each session, trainees must be equipped with a computer on which the Word software is installed.
Technical details of the required material will be given in the convocations for distance learning sessions.
Prerequisites: familiarity with Windows; good working knowledge of Word.
The training programme
- Presentation of the Lodel software: principles, editorial objects and functioning mode
- Presentation of the software interface
- Creation and publication of documents
- Learning document styles in word processing software with a view of importing them into Lodel
- Style hints and tips. Orphan Notes software. Advanced functions: management of users’ indexes, annexes, images and multimedia documents.
- September 30th - October 01st 2021: distance session
- October 13th-14th 2021: Paris, La Bulac
- November 15th-16th 2021: Bruxelles, Saint Louis University
- November 25th-26th 2021: Lyon, BU Lyon 3
- December 06th-07th 2021: Paris, La Bulac
- January 19th-20th 2022 : Strasbourg
- February 07th-08th 2022: distance session
- March 17th-18th 2022: Lyon, BU de Lyon 3
- April 11th-12th 2022: Paris, La Bulac
- May 19th-20th 2022: distance session
- 13th-14th June 2022: Paris, La Bulac
- July 04th-05th juillet 2022: Marseille
► A personal computer is required for each session. It must be equipped with a recent version of Word.
To register for training simply fill in the online form.
- No session at the moment.
Please write to email@example.com if needed.
Paris: Bulac, Bibliothèque universitaire des langues et civilisations, 65 rue des Grands Moulins 75013 Paris (go to the reception desk, training room on the ground floor)
Marseilles: OpenEdition, 22 rue John Maynard Keynes, 13013 Marseille.
Lyon: Bibliothèque du Palais, Training room, 15 quai Claude Bernard 69007 Lyon (on the banks of the Rhône) or BU de Lyon 3, Manufacture site
Distance session: A Zoom link will be sent to you before the chosen session.
One your registration form is sent, you will receive an answer as soon as possible. Prior to the session, the instructor will send you practical details.
In the event that you have to cancel, please inform us as soon as possible by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org