OpenEdition provides free training sessions on Lodel for the editorial teams of journals and books. Lodel is the digital publishing software used by the OpenEdition Journals and OpenEdition Books platforms.
The prerequisites for these courses can be consulted here.
► This year, the gradual transition to the new version of Lodel requires us to adapt our schedule as the new software is rolled out.
The schedule of sessions for the new version (Lodel 2) will be available from autumn 2023 and will initially be exclusively for users of the Openedition Books platform.
For Lodel 1, we will continue to provide face-to-face and distance learning sessions. These sessions are mainly intended for journals that are members of the Openedition Journals platform.
Objective of the training
The aim of the sessions is to provide journal and book copy-editors and editorial teams using OpenEdition platforms with the skills and confidence to publish their publications with Lodel.
Please note that these training sessions are intended for users of Lodel and not for website developers. The installation of the software and the development of web templates are not covered. Furthermore, for each session, trainees must be equipped with a computer on which the Word software is installed.
The training program
- Presentation of the Lodel software: principles, editorial objects and functioning mode
- Presentation of the software interface
- Creation and publication of documents
- Learning document styles in word processing software with a view of importing them into Lodel
- Style hints and tips. Orphan Notes software. Advanced functions: management of users’ indexes, annexes, images and multimedia documents.
OpenEdition Journals (Lodel 1)
- 1-2 March 2023: Paris, Humathèque - Campus Condorcet
- April 2023: Toulouse, Université Jean Jaures (dates to be confirmed)
- 9-10 May 2023: Marseille, OpenEdition
13-15 June 2023: Distance learning offered by videoconference (Zoom) accessible after registration on our Moodle online training space. (it is strongly recommended to follow all the modules):
- Tuesday 13 June from 2pm to 3.30pm: Module 1 - Presentation of the OpenEdition ecosystem and its challenges (data, referencing, economic model)
- Tuesday 13 June, 4-5pm: Module 2 - Practical workshop - Navigating Lodel - Creating and enhancing a volume
- Wednesday 14 June 2-4pm: Module 3 - Hands-on workshop - Styling an editorial unit (preparing Word copy for Lodel of an article and review)
- Thursday 15 June 2-4pm: Module 4 - Presentation and workshop: feedback on styling exercises, corrections and publication.
- 13-15 September 2023: Distance learning offered by videoconference (Zoom) accessible after registration on our Moodle Online Learning Space.
- 11-12 October 2023: Paris, Humathèque - Campus Condorcet
► A personal computer is required for each session. It must be equipped with a recent version of Word.
The schedule of sessions for the new version (Lodel 2) will be offered from autumn 2023.
- Click on this link: https://training.openedition.org/
- Complete the account creation form (1 minute)
- Create an account
- Click on the account creation confirmation link received by email
- Once logged in, select the session date of your choice.
Marseille: OpenEdition, 22 rue John Maynard Keynes, 13013 Marseille.
Lyon: Bibliothèque du Palais, Salle de formation, 15 quai Claude Bernard 69007 Lyon (on the banks of the Rhône) or BU de Lyon 3, site de la Manufacture
Paris: Humathèque, Campus Condorcet
Toulouse: Jean Jaurès University
Distance learning: Distance learning courses offered by videoconference (Zoom) accessible after registration on our Moodle online training space.
Trainers: Gwenn Dossmann, Anne-Sibylle Loiseau, Élodie Picard